When the Covid-19 pandemic hit the US in early March, it became evident that the government lacked the capability, efficiency and nimbleness to effectively contain the spread. Critical measures such as developing accessible and reliable testing turned into a bureaucratic nightmare, and a lack of critical life saving medical supplies and infrastructure threatened to overwhelm our medical professional heroes on the front lines trying to save lives.
Thankfully and in the true American spirit, the private sector is coming to the rescue. Businesses large and small, entrepreneurs and citizens have mobilized throughout the country to fight the pandemic.
In Arizona the story is no different. We are fortunate that so many have been willing to step up to the plate and deserve recognition for their efforts. Here is a list of some of the businesses working to fight Covid-19:
- Arizona Cardinals President Michael Bidwill donated $1 Million to the Coronavirus Relief Fund, which will go toward PPE for hospitals, food banks and provide technology to disadvantaged students needing to transition to online learning.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks have donated over $1 Million to numerous charities to provide food, support for children of healthcare workers and PPE for medical professionals.
- Depcom Power located in Scottsdale donated 10,000 surgical masks, 10,000 N95 masks and over $225,000 toward Coronavirus relief efforts.
- Arizona Based Brooklyn Bedding has repurposed their facilities to make hospital beds during the pandemic.
- Honeywell is ramping up their Phoenix facility and is hiring 500 people to produce N95 masks and other protective gear.
- Quick Quack car was is providing unlimited car washes to all health care professionals.
- Several hotels in the Phoenix area are providing rooms free of charge to medical professionals.
We acknowledge that this is not an exhaustive list, so feel free to email the Arizona Free Enterprise Club at email@example.com and let us know of other Arizona companies and individuals that deserve recognition for pledging their time, energy and resources to the Coronavirus effort.